Translate this Blog

Total Pageviews

My IBOTOOLBOX Professional Profile

Widgetquik

Subscribe to this blog

Onlywire Share

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Better Way To what is twitter

”Twitter,
Twitter is a huge marketing tool. Not only for using the platform for the social side of building those relationships, but also for getting your content indexed in the search engines.
Now, I have been talking about the advantages of twitter for the past several weeks. If you missed these posts, I will re-post them. Understanding how twitter works and how to set up a twitter account. As you use twitter you will see all kinds of different symbols people will use and tools used to send a tweet within the 140 character rule. I will discuss those further in this post.


Five main features to be familiar with in starting with twitter.
  1. Anything you send on twitters timeline is called a "Tweet".  You are limited to 140 characters which include spaces, symbols etc. So really put your thoughts in what you would like to say. Keeping this in mind, twitter does not require proper punctuation and grammar. So anything you can shorten for people to understand is something you would want to practice doing. For example: People would be ppl and so on.
  2. If there is a tweet you see and want to reply to that tweet you can click on reply. This will reply to the tweet sender which all twitter platforms have this feature. If you do not want to click on the reply and just want to reply to the tweet you can type @replies. Now the replies part will be the tweeters username followed by your tweet. 
  3. This is my favorite most popular tag you will see. This tag is called an "Hashtag".  These tags are used to start a grouping around the popularity of your particular topic or keyword. For example, you may be a network marketer and want all network marketers to check out what you have to say. So you would send out a tweet using the key word "Network Marketer" looking like this #NetworkMarketer with no spaces. This will also make the new Hashtag clickable. 
  4. Direct messages are also popular in twitter, also known as DM's. You will use this method to send a direct message to the tweeter. Now a lot of people use this to spam you. So do not waste a lot of time on reading your Direct Messages. Not saying you should not read them but just do not waste a lot of time reading them. If you want to send a DM to someone you can either click there name in the timeline and do it that way or you can just type "D followed by their username then your message". If you were to type DM instead of just D, this will send the message out to the timeline for everyone to see. So make sure you address the DM correctly. 
  5. Lastly, this one is a very popular tool to use. This one is called a "Link shortener". Now there are hundreds of link shorteners out there. A very popular program out there that has a link shortener is Bitly. This way you can track how many people click your link. But you can use any url shortener of your choice.

 I hope this post has helped you understand more how the twitter platform works. And be sure to go back to my prior posts and see what additional information you may find interesting. Please like and share my post, for this may help others with twitter.



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you discussed link shortners, I did not understand why the link I typed was changed. Thanks for sharing and by the way I love you bannersnack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn I am glad you received a nugget from this post. Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I realize this is kind of off-topic but
    I needed to ask. Does operating a
    well-established website such as yours take a large amount of work?
    I am completely new to blogging however I do write in my diary every
    day. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my own experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring blog owners.
    Appreciate it!
    my website > Personal injury lawyer Tampa Fl

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Networked Blogs

Subscribe to this blog

ontoplist.com

Marketing Blogs & Websites
Add blog to our blog directory.