Translate this Blog

Total Pageviews

My IBOTOOLBOX Professional Profile

Widgetquik

Subscribe to this blog

Onlywire Share

Friday, May 20, 2011

Bad Links

In my last post I talked about link building. Today I will talk about bad links that have no link building juice.

Links will help you in votes "only," if the link is pointing directly to your site. Search engines will not consider any link a vote, if the the link is pointing towards any type of ad tracking server.

One way to check if a link is pointing directly towards your site.

* Click the linking page and put your cursor over the link. Next, look in your status bar and see where the link is pointing. If your address bar shows your web address then its a good vote. If it shows a redirection address or done, then it's not a vote.

Another type of link that doesn't count is the nofollow links. These links are set up in the template of the website using "html" coding. The coding will end in rel=nofollow. When a search engine crawls your site and comes up on a link ending in "rel=nofollow," the search engine will ignore that link. Nofollow links are not worth much, so I would reframe from using them.

Keeping these few tips in mind can help you in building strong links.


2 comments:

  1. Links ref=no-follow or ref=follow?

    What I have understood so far it depends on what you are doing with your blog.
    When you are using a blog template for a niche site, which means only promoting one product than the ref=no-follow is better to avoid a lot of SPAM comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rieke,

    Not sure what your are asking on the first part? But yes, you are correct as far as I know, only using a no follow to keep spammers from targeting your site. But since I use blogger I don't see any reason of using a no follow since all comments are reviewable before posting.

    I really appreciate your comments because I learn from your input also.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Networked Blogs

Subscribe to this blog

ontoplist.com

Marketing Blogs & Websites
Add blog to our blog directory.